cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock-in amplifier using NI USB 6251

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all:

I am in the very initial stages of setting up a frequency modulation spectroscopy (FMS) experiment about my already existing absorption spectroscopy set-up. I know I'll need a lock-in amplifier to select the signal at a specific frequency. I already have a NI USB 6251 data acquisition board that works very well and that I have used for my absorption spectroscopy experiments. I was wondering if there is any way to create a lock-in amplifier vi that utilizes the NI USB 6251 and  would do what I need for my FMS experiment. I'm trying to avoid purchasing another instrument if I don't need it.

Is anyone familiar with lock-in amplifier vi's and know if I can implement them with my NI USB 6251? Thank you!

Alfredo

Alfredo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,691 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlfredoT

Here is a link to how to use a lock-in amplifier using LabVIEW.  However these specific VI's were designed to use our Dynamic Signal Aquisition cards which the 6251 is not.  You could try to use a simple bandpass filter in software but this is definitly not an ideal situation by any stretch of the imagination.  But with only the 6251 that is definitly an option.

Regards,

Brian P

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(4,674 Views)

These lock-in amplifier libraries will also work with our cards that can do simultanious sampling.

Brian P

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,657 Views)

Thanks for your reply! I am now just getting back to this issue -1 year later.

I am not familiar with Dynamic Signal Aquisition systems. Are they the same as digitizers? I have an Agilent U1071 Aqiris DP1400 High-speed Digitizer and am wondering if I could conduct a "lock-in amplifier" setup using LabView vis with it.

Alfredo
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,483 Views)

it is showing error 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,517 Views)

It is better if you create a new forum about this issue. This thread is very old and you will get very little attention about your specific question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,506 Views)