From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loading dynamic vi

Solved!
Go to solution

hello ni,

i made a simple data acquisition customized visualization, here i made a main vi under this i will load my control, graphs using templates. what happends here is.. when i load this template then i click on the main panel  the template vi's are get minimized. if i did separate vi panel then it was not get minimize...........

i want to load my dynamic vi template with in the main vi, and i can able to click on the main panel so, the dynamic vi should not get minimize...

can you suggest me ....... 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,634 Views)

They are not getting minimized. They are going behind the main VI. I would suggest making the subVIs "floating" via the Window Appearance options.

Other comments:

• You have no mechanism for stopping the spawned subVIs if you press the Exit button on the main VI.
  • The timeout on the main VI's event structure is unnecessary. Leave it unwired, and create a "Value Change" event for the Exit button.
  • Be careful about using the Current VI's Path function.
Message 2 of 4
(2,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Balaji_DP

thank you,

then, when i open the each vi... it shows in taskbar.. i want to hide the template vi.... but it show the main vi...

how to do this? 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,581 Views)

I don't quite understand what you're asking. The template VI is not being shown. A new copy of the template is created and you get a new VI. What do you mean by hide? Do you mean hide its window? Also, I don't understand by "show the main VI". Show the main VI what?

Also, I don't understand why you marked your question as the solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,560 Views)