LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking to access

Hi , i need some help. I have a requirement that i'm trying to sort out but struggling. Its been years since i used Labview....anyway i need;

An access Database that has job numbers and pass/fail numbers associated to it.

I need to link to labview and those numbers pull into labview during testing.

Once tested i want to save the results back to the asscociated job number.

I'm sorry for being thick but need a kick start. Can't seem to figure out how to link to access....

If someone can just explain which modules to use and how to link that would help a great deal..

thanks

G
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,298 Views)
To access an Access database you can just use the Database Toolkit from NI, or you can try the free LabSQL. There was also an ADO Toolkit that someone had posted a while ago. I'll have to see if I can dig up the link.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,292 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,287 Views)
Thanks thats very helpful! I'm starting to think i'm a bit out of depth with this project. Its been too long since i used this program and didn't use it to this extent. Is there a tutorial anywhere that in simple terms explains how the functions work and how to use them. I'm talking about the termas used to retrieve and save from access inparticular. The standard modules i'm fine with.

Thanks

Graham.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,262 Views)
I'm not sure which functions you're referring to. Are you referring to the VIs that are in the toolkits? If so, the documentation (if any) would be provided with the toolkit. Or, are you talking about LabVIEW functions? In that case you can learn more about LabVIEW by going through the tutorial(s) and looking over the material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free. Or, are you talking about ADO in general? In that case you can try the ADO Tutorial at W3 Schools. Or, are you talking about Access? In that case, I can't really offer good suggestions since I don't use Access. However, you should have documentation for it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,251 Views)