LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lightbulb recording?

hi guys,
I am currently working on drivers for measurement board (glorified multichannel osciloscope)
I need the board plugged in order to run the driver, and they need to communicate in real time (at least as real as windows can provide)
I still need to fix few things, and lightbulb would probably help, but I cannot use it due to the driver losing synchronization with board and everything crushing.

Is there a way to set labview to record the execution of the program to see it in "slow motion"/"lightbulb mode" afterwards?

I apologize if the question is to easy, I could not find any viable answers on the internet.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,706 Views)

Hello, the LABVIEW board is the right one where to post this question, but you should also add some detail more on your situation like for example how the external instrument interfaces with the pc, which type is the instrument and other elements that may help others to help you. 

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,691 Views)

I am communicating over usb using usbstyx protocol, but into shouldn’t matter. The solution has strictly to do with labview features.

if You can think about any other way of peaking into program execution without slowing it down (other than probes, they are too fast to read) I’ll gladly try it out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,667 Views)

Unfortunately this goes beyond my knowledge in LabVIEW. I notified the moderators to move this discussion to the LV board where you will hopefully find some specific help

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,661 Views)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,659 Views)

Hi, 

You could try putting probes on the wires. For that you right click the wires that you want to see the values and select probe. This will open the Probe Watch Window, in this window you'll be able to see in real time the values of the wires you've probed while running. 

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,640 Views)

In situtations like that, I put logging VIs at strategic points in the code.  See attachment.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,627 Views)

A little known feature of LabVIEW is;

Operate >>> Data Logging >>> log

It will let you log all  of the VI changes as it runs and let you play it back.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,620 Views)