LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laview 6 to 9 data types

i meant its writing a voltage value to each of the analog output channels, and many votage values will be used..

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 37
(469 Views)

i understand the VI under the examples you asked me to look at which is to work for, how to output a single Voltage Update (Sample) to  an Analog Output Channel. Im looking to ouput voltage to multiple analog output channels (would my attached code from before work for this?)

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 37
(469 Views)

Hi lakersrl,

I'm still a little unsure of what it is that you need to do. If you need to write a single analog output value to multiple channels, then the example Gen Voltage Update.vi will do exactly what you want. It is located in Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Analog Generation » Voltage. All you should have to do is change the physical channels to include the channels you want.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 37
(447 Views)

Hello,

I was a little confused as I was told to us "Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi."? in an earlier posting on the third page.Im looking to replace the AO write one update vi, basically, which writes a single voltage value to each of the specified analog output channels. This sounds like as you said in the previous post, the vi you mentioned would work.

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 37
(438 Views)

the description of the Gen voltage update vi says" output a single voltage value to an Analog Output channel"..but as you stated works for multiple output channels? was confusing from description, makes me think saved to only one output channel.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 37
(436 Views)

I believe I would just change the DAQmx write VI to Nchannel, 1 sample, rather than 1channel, 1sample?

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 37
(433 Views)

Hi lakersl,

That is correct. If you change it to N channels, 1 sample, you will write one sample at a time for multiple channels.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 37
(407 Views)