From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laview 6 to 9 data types

Hello,

Thanks for your input I really appreciate it.I've attached an updated version of the VI.Could you tell me if any corrections are needed.Again I am new to labview.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 37
(775 Views)

also, my uploaded VI is similar in functionality to single point update.VI or the AO write one update.VI?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 37
(765 Views)

Neither. I don't think there is anything correct about that code. You are building an array, not a waveform and certainly not a single point. Passing an array to the timing function that expects a waveform with timing information is not going to work. It would be silly to be using the DAQmx timing function with a single point write anyway. Show the original code that was calling the traditional function.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 37
(741 Views)

I've attached the original code...I actually need to convert labview 6 to labview 9, so that was why i was using the DAQ mx functions.So you're saying I should just rather keep the traditional NIDAQ function A0 write one update.VI? origional part of the code is attached

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 37
(730 Views)

Hi lakersrl,

I think the best way to approach this conversion is to let us know what you intend to accomplish with your program. It will probably be easier to modify an example DAQmx VI than to convert your VI from traditional DAQ to DAQmx.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 37
(687 Views)

would it just be possible to keep the traditional A0 write one update.VI?  using A0 write one update.VI to output voltage until device is reset..any DAQmx examples I could modify to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 37
(671 Views)

Hi lakersrl,

I would try the following example in the NI example finder: Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Analog Generation » Voltage » Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi. You will have to modify a few things:

1) It doesn't sound like you want a trigger, so you should remove the DAQmx Start Trigger VI. 

2) I'm not sure how you plan on resetting your device, but you can do it in LabVIEW. In the example VI, you could have a Reset Device VI right after your loop exits.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 37
(659 Views)

using AO write one update to write a single voltage value to each of the specified analog output channels..Are there any VIs with NIDAQmx exampes that would do this?

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 37
(641 Views)

Would the VI I attached work? for using instead of AO write one update to write a single voltage value to each of the specified analog output channels?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 37
(632 Views)

Using the timing function is not necessary since you are writing a single sample. Your code is not like the original since that only did a single write - not continous inside a loop. Look at the shipping example called Gen Voltage Update. And has been already mentioned, If you were using the old function inside a loop, all that you should be doing with the replacement is a single DAQmx Write. All the rest should be done only once outside the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 37
(618 Views)