LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

launch clone vi

I was able to launch multiple instances of the same vi each one with their own frontpanel with the VI templates: basically you create a vi, rename its  extension from .vi to .vit and reentrant, and launch each instance with vi server (options = 0x8).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,114 Views)

Spinnet i sent you is same thing as Bob explained.

So you already have the code.

Nice way to do it Marco !

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,112 Views)

When I first got started with what I now call "spawning Clones", I also used VI Templates.  The problem is (a) this is pretty old and "clunky" technology, and (b) this does not play well with executables.  Fortunately (for me) Start Asynchronous Call had made it into the mix, and when I saw how easy and robust that was (no need to rename a VI to .vit, just change an Execution property) and that it worked identically in Development and Run Time, I abandoned the VI Template method.

Bob Schor

Message 13 of 15
(1,082 Views)

Well i think that maybe sometimes old methods are fast to realize and work not too bad...since my exe is still running on customer side after 4 years! Bye m.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,080 Views)

Hi,

If you have an event loop in your clone, you can also use View>>Event Inspector  Window. Each clone have its own instance in the ring.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(942 Views)