From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.labviewrc configuration for multiple labVIEW

I've installed both labVIEW 6.1 and 8.0 in linux opensuse 10.0, but I found out some configuration problem.
In the .labviewrc file (in the user home directory) there are the environment settings, starting with
  • labview6 for the lv 6.1 ones
  • labview8 for the lv 8.0 ones
  • labview for the settings common to the two versions (I suppose)
I want to configure the TCP/IP under VI Server, and I need two different ports for lv 6.1 and lv 8.0. But I noticed that in the .labviewrc file these settings are
  • labview.server.tcp.enabled
  • labview.server.tcp.port
common to the two labVIEW versions.

I tried to replace them with labview6 and labview8 entries;
I tried to copy them in two .labviewrc files in the labview installation directories;
... unfortunately unsuccessfully Smiley Sad
These settings hasn't been recognized, and two new labview.server.tcp.enabled and labview.server.tcp.port entries has been created in the user home folder.

How can I configure two different TCP/IP ports for lv 6.1 and lv 8.0 under linux?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,929 Views)
Hello Vix,

sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Linux environment but let's see if I can help you as well: does the .labviewrc file contain some VI server-related entries spefic for labview6 and labview8 and not common to both versions? Can you attach your .labviewrc file so I can take a deeper look into it?

Best Regards,

Fabio
Fabio M.
NI
Principal Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,881 Views)
No,
all the VI server-related entries are common.
See attached

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,874 Views)