LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview2014:How to insert comments(PNG) in excel with Report Generation Toolkit ?

Solved!
Go to solution

puting the mouse on the cellputing the mouse on the celldo not put the mouse on the celldo not put the mouse on the cell

I want to insert the pictuers in  officce excel  as the comments as shown above. When puting the mouse on the cell, meanwhile,showing the picture. But it seems that there is no available vi to achieve it in the report generation toolkit.  Could you give me some advice? I will appreciate it  very much if you could help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,973 Views)

I don't really understand what you are trying to do.  But you should remember that LabVIEW is designed as an Engineering Workbench, i.e. to build and design Virtual Instruments for handling Engineering tasks.  It is very nice that there are "hooks" to allow Engineers to export (or import) data to (from) Excel in the process of making a Report, but LabVIEW was never designed to "do anything you want in Excel".

Having said that, there are some things to explore.  Can you accomplish what you want using an Excel Macro?  The RGT has support for creating and executing Excel Macros (I recall helping debug an example posted to the Forum a year or two ago).  Are you a fan of ActiveX and familiar with its Excel functions?  LabVIEW supports ActiveX calls (search the Forum).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,941 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Panleng920607

You need to insert the pictures as comment for the selected cells. I remember doing this a while ago, here is a version I modified to be used with the RGT (save in LV2014). Unzip the file and run the vi from the folder containing the pictures and the Excel workbook.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,934 Views)

The problem is resolved with the Active X. But I am not familar with it. Active X is functional and useful. Perhaps, I should well study it. Thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,920 Views)

The vi is useful. Maybe I should study  how to using Active X to solve problems. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,917 Views)

QQ截图20180110173318.pngQQ截图20180110173330.png1.pngQQ截图20180110173711.png

Excuse me,I asked you a question about inserting comments in excel on 22th Novembor,you gave me a example. Today, I opened it and found it making mistake when it runs to the arrow. Do you know what is wrong with it, thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,879 Views)