From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I have developed a program in LabView 2011 that uses VISA and Modbus functions. I then created an installer for the program and ran the installation on a separate Windows 7 computer that has no previous National Instruments products installed. When I try to run the newly installed program I receive the following error message.

Error -1073807202 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->D-SEND_Modbus_EBASS.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0xBFFF009E) VISA or a code library required by VISA could not be located or loaded.  This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system.

Any ideas what is causing this problem??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,023 Views)

Did you include the VISA installer as part of your installer? You configure it in the Additional Installers page of the installer configuration (you want the VISA runtime line). If you haven't, you can download the VISA runtime separately from the NI site and install it on that PC.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I will check this up.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MikaelD

Hi,

The new driver NI-VISA 5.3 solved the problem. Everything works fine now.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,975 Views)