Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Alain S wrote:

I think there's an even better way than the "delay" method of Ray.R 🙂

I would check the status of the equipment.

I'm sure there's a status bit somewhere that tells you that your equipment is busy.

So make a loop that check the status bit every let say 0.1sec.

Once the status bit said that the measurement is ready ask for the data.

Excellent suggestion Alain.

That is the preferred method.  (--- what was I thinking? ---)

I was thinking of the last instrument I wrote automation which was a Spectrum Analyzer, where based on the sweep time I calculated how long to wait before requesting data.  That one didn't have a status bit (older HP).

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 71
(1,094 Views)

Gregory 45,

Les fonctions hardcopy et a=mpower sont des fonctions de retour. Si je l'ai met pas l'appareil ne repond pas. Pour etre plus precise, Hardcopy est sortie du contenu instantanée de l'écran et a=mpower une affectation.
j'ai mis un tempo entre mes 2 visa.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 71
(1,077 Views)

Stagiaire,

Est-ce que cela a solutionner le probleme?

Message 23 of 71
(1,057 Views)

Ray.R,

Je tiens a vous remercié vous et les autres d'avoir essayer de m'aider. J'ai réussi à faire répondre mon appareil mais j'ai toujours ces histoires d'erreur. Je fais avec merci

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 71
(1,051 Views)

Quel genre d'erreur? Est-ce que tu peux expliquer?

Est-ce le meme probleme de celui qu'on discute depuis le debut?

R

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 71
(1,042 Views)
Le problème est vaguement le même qu'au début sauf que maintenant j'ai un assistant d'entrée sortie d'instrument. Il me dit que : "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Le délai d'attente (timeout) a expiré avant que l'opération ne soit achevée." Les codes d'erreurs sont : code :-1073807339 code hexa : 0xBFF0015. Voilà.Je sais vraiment pas pourquoi ca marque ca? Et surtout que ca marche avec l'erreur.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 71
(1,034 Views)
Avec, siou nu mention du lienses d' parralell"  Or, for us non frech speakers " The handshaking lines!"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 71
(1,027 Views)

Alain,

be careful of the RQS.  in the EARLY 1960's this handshaking line meant that NO LOWER addressed LISTENERS were requesting service!  Today the HBIP has gone through many revisions.  Not the least of which is the changing of (HP"Hewlit-Packard" to GB= General- Purpose) [OMG HP hated THAT!, but when you jump that far ahead<GPIB is still the fastest common instrument bus> IEEE might ask you to share]

OK, RQS,  watch the SRQ's from the lower addressed units

the bus was designed to mask RQS's from the higher addressesed listeners and if you don't respect that LAW, you will get burned by a masked SRQ.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 71
(1,025 Views)

Alain,

Quel est l'age de l'appareil?  Est-c e un vieil instrument?  Si oui, il faudra suivre le conseil de Jeff.  Et la solution sera ce que j'ai proposer ici.

Il y a-t'il une facon de determiner combien de temps l'instrument a beson afin d'effectuer ses mesures?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 71
(1,007 Views)

Bon je vous laisse avec Alain

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 71
(1,002 Views)