From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview with sql

Gm all.. I am new to labview.. I have data in excel sheets which i have stored in sql by creating a database.. Now i need to extrace data directly from database and display on front panel using labview.. I have gone through the examples given but it shows to use access files(.udl).. is there any way that i can do this without using access files.. If anyone has done this.. please help me.. thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,053 Views)

Your question should really be in the LabVIEW software discussion forum.

That said, the database connection VI's don't have to use a udl file, you can wire a string constant to them.  If you need help with the connection string, I'd suggest you look here, which has loads of examples: https://www.connectionstrings.com/

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Message 2 of 5
(4,029 Views)

Thankyou very much 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,948 Views)

As mentioned you can use a String constant, but a simple way to get this string is to create a .udl file and then open it in a text editor, the connection string is clear text in it. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,937 Views)

Thankyou very much 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,873 Views)