LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview runtime unwork

a new buited test equipment, using the USB6009 collection flowmeter output 2 loop  passive 4~20ma current signal and the 1 loop frequency signal.

According to photos form overseas coworkers, current signal is connected to pin2-3 and pin5-6 terminal,  and 500 ohm resistor parallel onnected pin2-3 ,pin 5-6.

frequency signal access terminals 32, 29, and pin 31- 29 connected a 1K ohm resistor. these are the wire connection.

meanwhile overseas coworkers give me a EXE file to setup ,the interface showed as follow

so, what is the reason there is  no signal diaplayed  when flow meter is running ?. USB6009 is  not damaged confirmed.

is there  some configration? LABVIEW2011 and NIMAX 9.9 also installed

view.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,188 Views)

Hi ggou,

does your USB6009 have the same device name as it had when the EXE was compiled?

Do your coworkers use some task names created in MAX when programming the VI?

Why does that EXE doesn't show any error outputs?

To summarize: Is there any MAX setting MAX that your PC/setup is different from the development PC?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,178 Views)

Maybe instead of giving you an exe, they should build you an installer that contains everything needed.

Message 3 of 20
(4,160 Views)

yes , there is the installer ,like this .also i'v installed. but in MAX ,there is no tasks ,and 6009 device name was not defined,

in other words,i should get configration form overseas coworkers or any other things ? right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(4,131 Views)

Hi ggou,

as Christian said: you need everything!

It's best practice to include task / channel definitions in the project instead of bury them in MAX. Tell this your coworkers…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 20
(4,107 Views)

There is far too little information for us (or you) to be able to understand what is not working.  And I'm very unimpressed with what little of the program can be seen.  An EXE should never show the LabVIEW development toolbar is likely isn't the cause of your issue but with so little information who knows.

I don't think having the MAX settings in the project is necessary, but having the required MAX settings is.  If the installer brings along the NCE file and imports it then it doesn't really matter if it is in the project or not, but it matters if the program has the settings it needs.  I guess a next step I would do remotely, is get an export of the MAX settings to see if there is some other settings you need that aren't there or if there are any simulated devices.  This is usually a big red flag that an import didn't go as expected and your program won't talk to real hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,082 Views)

thanks hooovahh:

as you said ,no NCE file i got.

also show some detail about intaller files.

index.JPG   index.JPG

supp.JPG

also there is another file ,looks contain a EXE file. when install process finished, this EXE will run the front view.

feat.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,072 Views)
Not really sure what the point of posting those images is. Whoever created the installer is pretty clearly new at it if the MAX hardware configuration was not included. This is a simple operation when the installer is created. When you do get the nce file, post back if you still have problems. Not too much can be done until you get that.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,059 Views)

now, the  USB6009 can get signals, but still some question.

USB6009 is a voltage DAQ device, there is a runtime view, there some parameter need to setup. Here is the default setup

1.png

2.png   3.png

So doing the linear function analytic, y=ax + b.

it says one 4~20mA means 4~100℃ temperature , one 4~20mA means 700~1100kg/l density.also meams the folw meter's anolog out need to be setup the same value as the bar chart displayed.

But from bellowing pic, the two voltage signal marked, when signal from a mass flow meter, output two loop 4~20mA current signal, paralleling the resistance 500Ω.

4.jpg

That's confused, USB 6009 only collect voltage signal. but the software using current signal to make a scaling.

all these practices are right?  when testing the equipment, the bar chart didn't display real value of temperature and density.

can some know why?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,868 Views)

Hi ggou,

with 500ohm resistors your 4…20mA signals convert to 2…10V signals.

Atleast when we trust in Ohm's law… 😄

(#9999 ;))

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,861 Views)