LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview run time engine open with?

Solved!
Go to solution

After installation, what do i open run time engine with? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,724 Views)

What are you trying to do? If you are looking for developement Run time engine is not enough. Run time Engine is installed to execute any LabVIEW based software that you develop. For developement you need to have a Professional development or atleast Evaluation software installed in your PC.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,720 Views)

Hi,

I have LabVIEW 2012 installed on my PC. I downloaded Run time engine of the same version as the html file that I tried launching shows missing plugin error. What's the solution for this? 

pluginprob.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,717 Views)
That makes no sense. The installation of LabVIEW includes the runtime. What are you trying to do? An html file would not be associated with LabVIEW and saying it's version matches a LabVIEW version is silly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,706 Views)

If the browser does not recognize the plugin, you need to follow the directions outlined here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,700 Views)

yes i was looking into that link itself. Where do i get Windows RFP plugin for Google Chrome (After downloading and installing run time engine from http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2012/3432/en/)?The link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/151BE12C055F57CE86257043006CB4B3 consists of Plugins for earlier versions of LV.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,686 Views)

As Dennis already said, you don't need to install any runtime engine on a machine that already has LabVIEW installed. The plugin is already prsent, but needs to be copied manually.

If you have google chrome, you simply need to copy the plugin to the right place following the instructions in the given link. Have you done that. The link applies to your version (note the wording "...starting with LabVIEW 8.0....).

What is your exact OS version? I assume you are running LabVIEW 32 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,653 Views)

Thanks now it works. But is it correct that if I have, say, LabVIEW 2011 installed in my target PC and my executable was developed on a PC with LabVIEW 2012, then I'll still need to install run time engine 2012 on my target PC right? Also is the html file only supposed to work on PCs with run time engines or can it work on tablets/ mobile phones as well?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,624 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shreya005
I'm not sure how anyone could determine you were talking about remote panels from your initial posts.

Yes, the runtime must match the version of the LabVIEW exe. No, there is no runtime for android/iphone.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,618 Views)