From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview player equivalent - is it possible to run a vi on a computer without full labview installed using free software ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Ni state that labview player no longer exists, is there an alternative available which will allow finished vi's to be run using pc's without the full labview installation.

I have a full version of labview 2010 on my laptop using one of the 5 licenses available at my workplace. All 5 licenses are now taken but I would like to run finished vi's on other laptops. Surely I don't need to buy another copy of labview or more licenses to run finished vi's which do not require editing.

thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,474 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy_K

Is not the exe file builder included in Labview full?

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 2 of 4
(4,469 Views)

Coq Rouge answer is number 1, build an exe if you have the application builder (I think all applicattions should be run as an exe, it is very simple to create in labview).  Other options are, have someone with the app builder make an exe - the exe and runtime is free, or remote desktop, or remote panel (through labview).  There are probably some other options.  Also last case if you really need to run labview, you can use liscence manager to deactivate and activate machines but I would avoid this since an exe is exactly what you want.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
Message 3 of 4
(4,456 Views)

Thanks for that,

Once I downloaded and installed the 2010 runtime engine and then built the exe it worked a treat.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,434 Views)