LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview internal error memory manager.cpp line 406

I am running labview 8.5 code that i have upgraded from labview 4.0 and i encountered a memory manager  problem for only 2 tests. I am uploading log file and error pic.

timmy
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,904 Views)

Hey Indo Asia,

The problem with this error code is that it refers to a large number of causes. From my research, it appears that this issue can be caused by a number of problems. To list a few...
1. Unnecessary local variables
2. Data flow issues
3. Nested While loops
4. Poor management of references
5. Stacked sequence structure in a while loop
6. Uninitialized arrays
7. Coercion dots
8. Error handling

I find it interesting that only two types (out of 5, I believe) causes this error. Perhaps figuring out what they have in common could better focus your trouble-shooting. Hope this gets you started.

Thanks,

Ben D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,879 Views)

Is there any way to determine what vi caused the error?

For me this particular error only occurs when I run the full application, I have not been able to reproduce it in unit testing, and it is becomming a serious problem.

Can IMAQ and using image "references" cause this problem as well? (referring to point 4 in BenDAE's list if known issues)

If using IMAQ references can cause this, then how can it be avoided? - as far as I am aware I delete all images that are created, and trying to use a deleted image have so far in testing always reported an error...

Engineer, M.Sc. Autonomous Systems, Automation and Control of non-linear systems
Project Engineer @ R&D A/S
www.rdas.dk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,687 Views)

Hi ZcuBa, 

Closing your IMAQ references is the recommended memory management stragety, and should not generate a memory manager error. The other error you mention, where you attempt to use a destroyed image, is expected behavior. 

LabVIEW does provide tools to watch memory management and performance, you can find the Profile Performance and Memory tool under tools >> Profile >> Performance and Memory. 

Documentation on the Performance and Memory profiler can be found here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvdialog/profile/

As this thread is several years old, you would have have better luck posting a new question to the forums describing your problem - it is unlikely that anyone else will see or reply to this thread. 

-N

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(3,669 Views)

thanks

Engineer, M.Sc. Autonomous Systems, Automation and Control of non-linear systems
Project Engineer @ R&D A/S
www.rdas.dk
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,656 Views)