cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview excel with activex

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to execute the code and the same error  occurred:

Untitled_1.vi: The error with the highlight execution appears in Application property node. Visible property.

ExcelSaveAsTxt.vi: The error with the highlight execution appears in Application Invoke Node Open.

Can anybody help me?????

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(2,392 Views)

Hi Dirizabal,

which errors occured?

Which input parameters do you use?

Is Excel installed on your computer? Which version?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(2,389 Views)

which errors occured?

Error -2146827864 occurred at Unknown System Error in ExcelSaveAsTxT__.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-2146827864) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x800A01A8).

Which input parameters do you use?

FileFormat Control: xlUnicodeText (42)

File In: Select the path of file

Is Excel installed on your computer?

Yes

Which version?

2016 Profesional Plus

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(2,383 Views)

Hi Dirizabal,

when running your "ExcelSaveAsTxt" VI I get no errors, the file is converted to TXT!

(Using Office2010.)

Comment: Excel complains about your file being XLSX instead of XLS…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 24 of 29
(2,379 Views)

Thanks GerdW.

I'll try in other computer with Office2010 o Office2013.

Best regards,

Dirizabal

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(2,374 Views)

Hello!

Great help here, thanks!

I only need a small advice. I want to insert numeric values from LabVIEW into an excel template, which already has an "Autoformat" on a specific column to put in red values lower than a value (0.5, e.g.)

My problem is that when I open the LabVIEW file, I see the values were written as text.

Any idea of how to write them directly as numbers? Or programatically setting that range of cells to numbers after being written?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,780 Views)

Never mind. I just tried something that I thought would work and it did. Change the 2D array in labview to numerical, and it will just work.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,779 Views)

Hi!

I know that this topic is quite old, but it still something used today! So I'll take my chance! 🙂

I used the example of PalanivelThiruvenkadam, but I face an issue when calling the Range method (error -2146827284). I want to select a single cell and not a range. However, I already used this method in VBA and I know that it's possible to select a single cell (i.g. C8:C8).

Am I supposed to format the range an other way?

Thank you in advance for your precious help!

Julien

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(999 Views)

Hi!

I know that this topic is quite old, but still something used today... So I take my chance!

I used the example of Palanivel and face an issue when calling the Range method: what I try to do is change the value of a single cell (merged cell). I tried to use only Cell1 param with the index of the cell, but this doesn't work (error -2146827284).

I used to work with VBA and I know that the range method can also be used for single cell (i.g C8:C8). However, this doesn't seems to work in LabVIEW.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your precious help!

Julien

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,001 Views)