From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview, excel, table

hello friends,
i want to save the table i get in Excel. so i wrote the Code but the Problem is that i dont know how to convert
a 2-D-array (string) file to a dynamic data?
please answer in "easy" english, my english isnt the best

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)

I think you need to convert the strings to doubles.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,388 Views)

Please don't attach pictures, instead attach code (the actual LabVIEW .vi files).  I can't easily "see" the pictures (too small), can't "click" them and see the properties they use, can't test the code, etc.

Your title says "Excel".  Do you mean that you want to write a native Excel file (.xlsx) that can (almost) only be opened with Excel, or that you want to write a text file in "Comma separated values" (.csv) format that can be read by many programs (including, say, Notepad)?  The latter is quite simple.

If you are interested in using LabVIEW for serious work, you need to spend a little time learning LabVIEW, and getting away from Express VIs and Dynamic Data Wires, both of which "hide" (too) many details and complicate all but the most simple tasks.

Bob "Attach your VI" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,382 Views)

Hi yzqamar,

Since the Convert to Dynamic Data VI doesn't accept an array of strings, you first need to convert your table to an array of doubles, then to dynamic data.

-Jordan C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,377 Views)