LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview dsc networking

I’m fairly new to the DSC module. I have successfully established a tag server and read the tag values from a client pc. My application needs to have a tag server on a remote site so there the internet access can only be done using a gprs modem. So, now using exactly the same program as before I can’t connect to the server (internet access trough gprs modem).
My guess is that the ports that the server needs to work are closed for outside use (that’s why it worked with 2 pc from inside the network).

Does anybody know exactly which ports need to be open in order for the application to work? so I can tell the company’s networking people to open them.

Or if I’m wrong what would be the solution??

Thank you

Adão Monteiro
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,068 Views)

@amonteiro wrote:
Does anybody know exactly which ports need to be open in order for the application to work?

Adao,
I've never actually got around to doing what you're doing now, but until someone with more experience posts, you may want to check out the following links:
There's a relatively detailed KnowledgeBase item describing the ports used by LVDSC/Logos here and a briefer note here.
A useful list of ports is also in What Ports Do I Need to Open on My Firewall for National Instruments Software Products.

=====================================================
Fading out. " ... J. Arthur Rank on gong."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,049 Views)