LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview description

hello

i have never worked in labview and my professor asked me to do a large descrition of this labview program in attachment. i would like to ask you if you could talk to me at least about the most important points to talk about, ie, anything that you can write to help me. and then i will try to search and investigate or something, since this is all very new for me. 

thank you very much. anyhing is very welcome. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,333 Views)

Here, take this FREE 6 Hr course, you should be able to really impress the professor after that!

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5241/en

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,318 Views)

2345678 wrote:

i have never worked in labview and my professor asked me to do a large descrition of this labview program in attachment. i would like to ask you if you could talk to me at least about the most important points to talk about, ie, anything that you can write to help me. and then i will try to search and investigate or something, since this is all very new for me. 

What posessed the professor to give you this task? Obviously you are not qualified. Is he next going to ask the cleaning lady to present his reasearch at a conference?

Well, maybe he wants you to learn something new and the above mentioned tutorials are a good start. Do you even have LabVIEW installed?.

As a first step, try to contact whoever wrote this monstrosity. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,306 Views)

You don't even need a 6 hour course to understand this VI.  It just collects data points from a bunch of sensors (looks like bio-med analysis on a leg), charts the points does a little math in a formula node and then stores the data to a spreadsheet.  It's not very well written and fails in many LabVIEW wiring guidlines (the Block diagram is WAY too big for instance).  It also uses DAQ Assistant and Express VIs (wizard-like shortcuts for noobs that hide the real code) so there's not much to explain.  Read a few basic labVIEW 101 tutorials and you'll understand everything in no time...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,303 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

You don't even need a 6 hour course to understand this VI.  It just collects data points from a bunch of sensors (looks like bio-med analysis on a leg), charts the points does a little math in a formula node and then stores the data to a spreadsheet.  It's not very well written and fails in many LabVIEW wiring guidlines (the Block diagram is WAY too big for instance).  It also uses DAQ Assistant and Express VIs (wizard-like shortcuts for noobs that hide the real code) so there's not much to explain.  Read a few basic labVIEW 101 tutorials and you'll understand everything in no time...

At least the wires are fairly neat. Smiley Very Happy

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,298 Views)

Did the professor give credit to the author and to my comments in this thread?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,284 Views)

yes Lynn, of course it did!  thank you sol much

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,195 Views)

hello

i know that this is stupid but i dont underestand. 

''The DAQ Assistant is sampling at 2000 samples per second. It is reading 50 samples at each read.  2000/50 = 40. So, reading 40 times per second ''

my question is: if it reads 2000 per second and reads 50, this not means it is reading 50 times per second.??

''So the program saves to file one data point for every 50 data points the DAQ Assistant acquired. 49 of 50 = 98% = the fraction of the data which is not saved.''

i also did not understand where do you take this 49... can anyone explain me?

thank you so so much guys

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,185 Views)

@2345678 wrote:

hello

i know that this is stupid but i dont underestand. 

''The DAQ Assistant is sampling at 2000 samples per second. It is reading 50 samples at each read.  2000/50 = 40. So, reading 40 times per second ''

my question is: if it reads 2000 per second and reads 50, this not means it is reading 50 times per second.??

''So the program saves to file one data point for every 50 data points the DAQ Assistant acquired. 49 of 50 = 98% = the fraction of the data which is not saved.''

i also did not understand where do you take this 49... can anyone explain me?

Are you talking about a specific program that has been posted. If so please give a link.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,182 Views)

yes, it is in the first posst in annex, see above please. thank oyu so much

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,173 Views)