From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview data recording error code 7

Hi All,

I am using NI9201 to record pressure and flow rate values using file dialog.vi and write delimited spreadsheet.vi. The program ran fine for an hr, and then while its recording the data to a .csv file, error came up (I wired the error wires and ask to print a message if there is an error). The error status is code 7. Happened a few times already, although not immediately. 

Does anyone have this issue or can spot something obvious? Please see the image.

94927048_929261210830537_8462029761550483456_n.jpg

P.S. Will attached the code later if needed, dont have access to labview at the moment.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,571 Views)

Hi wew,

@wew044 wrote:

The error status is code 7.

Does anyone have this issue or can spot something obvious?

Error 7 is "wrong/invalid file path": your "start path" control is set to "<not a path>" and the error happens at WriteSpreadsheetString.vi…

@wew044 wrote:

P.S. Will attached the code later if needed, dont have access to labview at the moment.

To find the error in the code the VI is needed! We cannot debug images of frontpanels with LabVIEW…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 8
(2,541 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks so much for the reply. yeah the start path is set to not a path because it asked me where to store the .csv file in the beginning. The data is written to that file. After some time the error pops up.

Yes I understand the code is necessary. Will attach it first thing tomorrow when I get access to the labview.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,534 Views)

If the path is not set it can't find the file, generating Error 7. Could it be that it collects for an hour and then writes to file? If so, you should really add a file check before the program starts ...

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,516 Views)

Hi all,

Please see the attached VI. 

The program records the data immediately after I specify where to store the .csv file. It is actually recording, and then after some time ~30 min - 1 hr, that the error pops up.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,483 Views)

Do you see the file in explorer while the program is running?  After you receive the error, do you see the file is still there?

Could anything be interfering with the file such as a virus program, or someone trying to open it in another application while LabVIEW is still writing to it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,468 Views)

Hi ravens,

The file is there. I can see the data recorded in it as well. I just cant open it in the meantime because it will generate a different error code (error 5). After the error occur the file is still there, with all the data logged before the error.

I have a speculation that it might be an inconsistent server connection since I am saving the file on the server. I ran the program for an hr today with the file saving to desktop and it ran fine.

Do you think that is a possibility?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,463 Views)

A flaky connection to the network makes perfect sense.

You should just save to the hard drive and copy to the network later.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,458 Views)