LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview and xbee

Hello,

i am working on a project which will interface labview with xbee.  i am having much trouble writing and reading to and from the xbee.  i want to write out API mode to the xbee and recieve hex code back from the xbee.

the project is a weather station which basicly uses 6 ADC's from a remote xbee and transmits wirelessly to a local xbee which is connected to the PC using an explorer (USB) board from "sparkfun.com"

Thus far i have been able to use X-CTU software to write and read the correct hex commands (API-mode) and this all works great!  Now i want to manipulate the data values from the ADC's and display them accordingly in labview.

Labview prefers ASCII but the arrays display in decimal when the Xbees prefer hex, is there an easy conversion program to read and write using primarily hex.

thank you for any help. Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,450 Views)

Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not...

But Functions->Programming->String->String/Number Conversion, has blocks of converting both ways between hex strings and numbers, as well as both ways between numbers and decimal strings.

edit: I see you've found a (better) answer in the thread here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=323172 already

Message Edited by Hornless.Rhino on 07-08-2009 03:46 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,444 Views)
yeh i figured it out but thanks for the input all the same, thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,434 Views)
Can you help?

I am currently using python to collect data from an array of xbee nodes and I want to switch over to LabVIEW.

I’ve started by reprogramming one of xbee nodes (plus my coordinator) to work in API mode and I’ve verified that the coordinator is receiving transmissions by using the Basic Serial Write and Read example program.

I understand that the received API hex string needs to be parsed in order to identify the node and then pull the “payload” bytes before being converted.

I have only superficial experience with LabView so I am having trouble making this programming leap.  I have not had any luck with any of the forum threads on this topic.  I looked all over the web but it seems like this is uncharted waters.

Can anyone help me with example code to get me up and running for one of my nodes?  It has 3 sensors and I want to display graphically and save to file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,689 Views)

Were you able to check out the example posted earlier?

edit: I see you've found a (better) answer in the thread here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=323172 already

Message Edited by Hornless.Rhino on 07-08-2009 03:46 PM

Ben J.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,657 Views)

Hey did you actually interface your Xbee connected through USB with LabVIEW? Coz i find it very difficult to do so... I use sparkfun USB explorer and a XBee PRO S2B?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,406 Views)

I have a question.

I bought the Xbee explorer USB and have a project that works well with Arduino. When I Serial Monitor, Xbee USB explorer automatically opens the Serial COM port lights and lamps Rx and Tx.

When you step into the LABVIEW the door does not open automatically.

Help me please it is urgent!

Thank you!

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,731 Views)