LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview activation code stand alone computer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I am trying to install LabVIEW 2010 on a stand alone computer, I have the serial # of the product but was wondering how to get the 20 character activation code?  It is currently installed in the eval mode.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(7,889 Views)

I don't remember where in the process it is, but I think that if you start the "registration" process it will reach a point asking if you have internet access. If not it will give you a telephone number, and a number to enter when you reach it. You will then call the number, enter, carefully and laboriously the number the installer provided (which is based on the computers NIC card number or something similarly unique to that computer) and the robo-phone will give you back the registration number.

Sorry for the vagueness, haven't done this in over a year.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 16
(7,883 Views)

Thanks for the information, I was able to find the method that creates a text file that you can then email to NI, also had a phone option as well.  I will need to move LabView off of this computer onto another so assuming the procedure will be similar.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(7,881 Views)

The license is particular to the computer you install it on.  If you move it to another computer, you will have to get a new activation number using the new computer ID.  However, since you activated your Labview copy for one computer already, the automated system may not let you activate it again for another system.  You may have to call tech support.  Go to ni.com and look for the Support tab.  On the support page, look for the call NI button.  This will get you started.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(7,863 Views)

Ok thanks for the additional information. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(7,853 Views)

Hello,

One NI LabVIEW license can be activated on up to three computers for use by one developer, so activating the license on the second computer should be fine. You can deactivate the first license through the NI License Manager just in case. There are few different ways to complete product activation and receive a code but this articles describes using the NI License Manager. You can also activate your products at ni.com/activate.

Best,

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(7,795 Views)

Whew, thanks for that. I was starting to sweatSmiley Surprised I have one license and I am using it on two computers. (I am the only one that uses this license)

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(7,787 Views)

Thanks for the information, ran into another issue, I purchased 2010 LabVIEW upgrade but when I called NI with the serial # and computer id, to get the activation code, they said they could only provide the activation for version 9 which does not help as they sent me the media for version 2010.  The computer has version LabVIEW 8.6.1 (activated).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(7,776 Views)

Do you have a good and fast broadband connection? You could always download the installation file.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(7,768 Views)

it is a stand alone machine

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(7,760 Views)