From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2020 icon editor problem

Hello all,

i get the below error when i try to edit icon.please help me out

Error 7 occurred at File/Directory Info in lv_icon.lvlibp:Check Path.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:Write PNG File.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:Icon Editor First Call.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:ReadDataFromLabVIEWINI.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:Load.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:Icon Editor Init Refs.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:Classes Initialization.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:lv_icon.vi->lv_icon.lvlibp:lv_icon.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Frameworks:\

C:\Users\harij\OneDrive\?????????\LabVIEW Data\Glyphs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,913 Views)

I'd be suspicious about putting anything on One Drive.  It seems that an issue with synchronization could be causing a problem

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,908 Views)

how do i change that actually i just installed it and i didn't customise anything.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,901 Views)

LabVIEW Data is under the user's Documents folder.

So don't put the Documents folder in One Drive.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,863 Views)

Actually now i have disconnected the onedrive.i have uninstalled labview and ni package manager completely and installed once gain.yet i am facing the problem.

i dont find glyph and icon template folder under usr/document/labviewdata there is only one called LV internalreport.

I found instructions to update the icon library manually (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361F-01/lvhowto/synchronizing_icon_library/), however the option to manually sync never comes up as the dialog box just closes and reverts me back to the Icon Editor.

attached image for your reference.

are there any way to change the path??

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,853 Views)

i have solved the issue.

sol :

tools-->options--->paths-->default directory.choose glyph folder.

if this is not installed automatically you need to download icon source file for your corresponding labview version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,795 Views)