LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview 2015 (32 bit) crashing

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using labview 2015(32 bit) on my laptop that has windows 7 64 bit. It was working fine but now it shows the crash report as shown in the attached file, whenever I try to open labview. The only change I have done is I installed NI DAQmx 16.0. I am not sure whether it is causing the problem or not.Any suggestions and help are highly welcomed.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,195 Views)

If you could send that report to the forums also, it would be helpful.  😉

Upload the zip'd file.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,171 Views)

I have posted it to the forums too. And I attached the image of the crash report too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,164 Views)

Maybe you meant to send it, but your posting history says otherwise.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,150 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author amit54

LabVIEW, in general, is "version-specific".  LabVIEW can often read (and modify) VIs written in older versions, and can sometimes accomodate certain LabVIEW modules (typically I/O stuff) written for newer versions, but especially with LabVIEW components, it is safest to stay as "version-consistent" as possible.

The "We apologize for the inconvenience" error means that something has gone very wrong with the LabVIEW Internals.  Sometimes this is because your code has "tickled" a particularly buggy spot in the software (I'm looking at you, Network Streams, LabVIEW 2011).  Since you describe a LabVIEW 2015 that worked fine until you loaded DAQmx for LabVIEW 2016, and then nothing works, I'd say that the "improved" DAQmx is fatally clashing with the rest of your LabVIEW installation.

Try doing a selective removal of this Update and reinstalling the DAQmx code for LabVIEW 2015 (in other works, "Put 'em Back the Way They Was", if you are a fan of musicals).  Let us know if this fixes things for you.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Hi Bob_Schor,

I tried as you mentioned, but still having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,095 Views)

Bob_Schor,

I uninstalled everything related to labview and tried re-installing labview 2015. It works fine now even after installing NI DAQmx driver. 

Thanks for your help.

Amit

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,072 Views)