LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labVIEW installer distribution

I have several variations of a LabVIEW build/installer that I'm trying to get working, and I'm wondering if there's a best way to go about this.  Here is what I have.

In one build, I have a A1.vi and a bunch of other files that I want to combine to make A1.exe.  One of the files that A1.vi calls is a subVI that encapsulates a System Exec call to an exe (B1.exe - performs a 32-bit CRC using C code) that I created within a LabWindows/CVI project.  I would like to tell the build to place B1.exe in a specific folder in my D-drive that's based on LabVIEW's Default Data Directory (widget).  Is there a way to do this?  All I see are CommonAppDataFolder, CommonFilesFolder, DesktopFolder...).  Is there a specific way that I should tell LabVIEW that A1.exe is the main guy and that B1.exe is just a dependancy?

Second, I have an A1_Factory.vi that I want to build into an exe.  Once running, the A1_Factory.exe uses Open VI Reference (gets a reference to A1.VIT template), Invoke Node (to set a input parameter to A1.vit), InvokeMethod (to Run VI), and SubPanels (to display multiple instances of A1.VIT).  In this case, A1_Factory.exe needs to be built such that it (at runtime) can find A1.VIT.  A1, recall, uses B1.exe, but in this case (A1_Factory) doesn't use A1.exe, just A1.VIT (multiple times).  Is there a best way create THIS build/installer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,104 Views)

Hi mrbean,

1.  You should be able to add B1.exe to your project so you can then add it to the Build Spec for A1.exe.  Then, you can create a destination in A1's build spec to point to the LabVIEW Data folder, which will place the exe into that directory.

2.  Will you be using a relative or absolute path for the .VIT file?  Also, I found a Corrective Action Request (#182139) concerning calling .VITs in LabVIEW Project Libraries from an executable as in they throw errors.  You'll need to make sure the .VIT is not in a library for this to work from the executable. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,069 Views)