cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labVIEW: Resource not found. when running executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've made a fully functional vi with LabVIEW 2009 (developer suite) and need to be able to run it on another PC without it.  I have downloaded LV Run-Time 2009, but when I try to run the executable I built, I recieve an error which reads:

LabVIEW: Reasorce not found.

An error occurred loading VI 'NI_AALPro.lvlib:Derivative x(t).vi'.

Labview load error code 3:  Could not load front panal.

I can run the executable on another PC with LabVIEW no problem.  I've read somewhere about the need to stop the front panal from beng removed on sub VIs with Application Builder, although I don't think I have it.  I apologise in case this is a dumb question and I appreciate any help.

Cheers

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,676 Views)

Removing or not removing the front panel probably has nothing to do with your problem. My guess is that you did not create an installer. If you had, it would have included lvanyls.dll in a data folder under the folder where your exe was installed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,674 Views)

Thank you for the reply.  However, there is a lvanyls.dll file in the data folder with the executable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,669 Views)

But you're right in that I don't think I created an installer, I just built an executable.  Do you know how I'd go about this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lpaza
In the project explorer, right click on the Build Specifications and select New>Installer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,663 Views)
It works great, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,635 Views)