LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinect

hi...can someone tell me how do i use both the raw image and the skeleton of the kinect xbox 360 to detect infant abuse such as slapping, beating etc...the reason why i want to combine both of them is because i want to reduce false alarm.I manage to detect infant abuse using the kinect's skeleton.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,632 Views)

You'll need to write an algorithm that reads both your processed image data and your processed skeleton data, to decide whether abuse has occurred. You might be interested in using Fuzzy Logic.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,572 Views)

can u further explain it ? thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,565 Views)

Your question is too vague. What do you want me to explain? (Concepts? Or how to write code? Or how to use the Kinect? Or...?)

Here's a general plan you can use:

1. First, write a program to detect abuse using raw images only.
  2. Then, take one test case and:
    • Use your image-program to check for abuse
    • Use your skeleton-program to check for abuse
  3. Finally, write a program to combine the two results from step #2
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,552 Views)

i mean how to write a program to detect abuse using raw images. Can i have code examples on that? thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,550 Views)

I don't have examples like that, sorry. The required code will be very complex and very large, because this is advanced custom image processing. 

Also, do realize that the Kinect's Skeletons are produced from advanced image processing too. Maybe your time will be better spent on improving the processing techniques that you're currently applying to the skeletons.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,518 Views)

How do i actually improve the processing techniques that I'm currently applying to the skeletons? Really appreciate some help...thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,489 Views)

And what kind of help do you expect?

Please read this page thoroughly, especially the sections "Be precise and informative about your problem", "Be explicit about your question", and maybe even "Choose your forum carefully". I'm willing to help you (within reason), but your vague questions make it difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,479 Views)