From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with controlling an Agilent function generator.

I made a simple VI (attached) to control an Agilent 33521A function generator.  If I turn on the function generator, connect the USB cable, and run the VI, everything works...  Once.  If I try to hit run after the VI has executed once, I get any number of error messages; one of them being a dialog box from Windows informing me that my USB connected hardware has malfunctioned.  I'm fairly certain that the generator isn't the problem, because rebooting everything fixes it...  I can only assume that my layout is wrong.  All of the error messages I get come from the initialize VI.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Labview 2012 SP1;

Latest error:

Code -1073807360

'VISA Clear in Agilent 3352X Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->fgentester.vi'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,345 Views)

Hello Shantanu,

That behavior you describe sounds like an issue when we are closing the VISA reference. Let me link below a KB that talks about it:

VISA Error -1073807360 (system error) or Error -1073807302 when Stop Bits Set to 1.5

An additional question.. Are you using this driver? 

I do not see in that code how the visa reference is being closed, but you could review that part!

Regards

Frank R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,310 Views)