cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keybord trick to insert quickly a value into a constant array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,
I want just to know if there is a keybaord trick which allows yuo to pass quickly from an element to the next one (or to new one) while I'm typing the values into a constant array, you know if is there?

What I mean is a keybord key as the TAB key that quickly allow you to pass from a cell to the next one into the grid control.

Thank you in advance,
Regards.

Ricky
Italian Developer engineer
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,089 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author g_Ricky

Cross-posted here.

Possible solution here, if you're a Quick-Dropper.  Type your stuff into Excel, copy the array and use this QD plugin.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 8
(3,066 Views)

Hi,

First of all, thank you for you prompt reply. I downloded both the version of the software you're suggest me but how do they work? How do I have to intall them into my PC?

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,052 Views)

Darin.K wrote:

[...] unzip the files and put them in the directory

[LabVIEW ####]\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\plugins

Create some cells in Excel (or other similar program), select and copy to the clipboard.  (Any tab delimited data will work).  On the FP Ctrl-Space Ctrl-e creates a control with the data in numeric form (simple check to decide DBL or I32).  Ctrl-Space Ctrl-E (shift+e) creates a string control.  Similar commands for the BD to create array constants (numbers or string).  Single rows or columns become 1D arrays, otherwise you get 2D array controls/constants.  Change the letter by renaming e.vi if you'd like.  I chose e for Excel since X was taken along with s for spreadsheet and a for array.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,047 Views)

It seems to work very well, but do you also know how work the second tools (darin.k_lib_import_data-1.0.1.1.vip 72 KB)? Do I have to install it in the same way?

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,039 Views)

You only need that if you prefer to use JKI's Right Click Framework.  If Quick-Drop satisfies your requirements you can ignore the second one.

Jim

Message 6 of 8
(3,037 Views)

Thank you for your interest in this matter. I tryed to install the JKI's Right Click Framework but it need a license and I do not want to buy it.

Thanks again for your free solution!

Ricky
www.www.selt-sistemi.com
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,028 Views)

@g_Ricky wrote:

Thank you for your interest in this matter. I tryed to install the JKI's Right Click Framework but it need a license and I do not want to buy it.

Thanks again for your free solution!

The RCF is free, as is the VIPM that you need to install it.  The license you can buy would be for VIPM Professional, which you don't need for this.

I'm glad this works for you.  There are a lot of QD and RCF plugins available to do a plethora of useful automation tasks.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,018 Views)