LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key control of the time control

Hi Aart-Jan,

I've been playing around with the timestamp control and it seems to behave correctly. I used a Blank VI, placed a Timestamp control and changed only the following settings: Data Range -> Incerement = 900 and the out of range action for increment to Ignore.

When I use my arrow keys I will always increment or decrement with 1 in each field, using the Increment/Decrement buttons the control will use the value 900 (15 min steps) without replacing or rounding the current values. So 1:10:25 will increment to 1:25:25.

With the default out of range action 'coerce to nearest' LabVIEW will round the timestemp on a value change event to a multiple of the increment value of 900 (multiples of 15 min). so 1:10:25 will increment to 1:15:00.

Hope this explains the behaviour of the Time Stamp Control

Thanks
Karsten
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(622 Views)
Yeah, since the start of this discussion I figured out all the ins and outs of the control and understand why it behaves the way it does. That said I hope that the time control can be improved a little more, for example by invoking a value change when moving from field to field. And as for coercing: it would be nice if there was something like "coerce to next" or coerce up/coerce down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(620 Views)

Hi Aart-Jan,

I'll pass on the suggestion of the value change events per field to R&D, as for the coerce settings we there already is a coerce up and down.

The possible settings for the out of range actions are: Ignore, Coerce to Nearest, Coerce Up and Coerce Down. If I understand the 'Coerce to Next' correct you would like to see an coercion option that coerces in the directions that you move the arrow keys are pressed. I'll also add this to the suggestion.

Thanks
Karsten
NI
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(618 Views)
You understand me right. That also what I meant with "coerce up/coerse down."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(614 Views)