LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keithley 7002 trigger

Good morning all!

I am doing an Interface between keithley´s switch 7002 and multimeter 2000,with labview program.

I am using the drivers availabe but I can make a way to syncronize the measure; I mean, I need to scan the channel with K7002 and take the measure with K2001 and need some signal to say to the program when to record the data. 

Does someone who already used this device has any idea about how to solve it? I think It is quite simple, but i just can´t find.

thank you very much

Leandro V..Zaccarias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,858 Views)

Good morning Leandro,

If you want to take a measure with a switch you can normally choose which channel you want to record. So it is not your job to find a signal to say to the program when to record, because the programm make it alone.Your job is already to say which channel you want to record.

If you take for example the express VI DAQmx read, the first what you have to do is to create a Task, what you want to do and which channel you want to use.

Best regards,

Maria

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,833 Views)

actually I am not using the channels(GPIB port),..

I am using the back pannel of the multimeter so, I am just using It as a normal multimeter and i need to synchronize them to record all the different channel ( from 7002)

I got the drivers from them and I am trying to handle with them. I found that there is a trigger cable and just need how to use it in the program.

I tried to synchronize using delay but Was not possible.

The problem i am facing now also is a problem that the drivers are using wrong VI's from different libraries.

but thank you! I will check out the example you mean!

Leandro V. Zaccarias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,828 Views)

hi

i don't know exactly your hardware but you may do something like this :

close chanel number x (something like ROUT ..)

wait a time for this chanel to close (few msec normally)

trigger a measurement to the DMM (the best way is to do a FETCh)

close the next chanel and so on

a for loop should be easy to setup for the task

good luck

N

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,821 Views)

''Fetch''?

Do you have any example of how to use it? I am really benginner in this languages.

I also have some doubts,...

Is there an order to send the commands to GPIB?( first switch, after, multimeter, INIT, etc?)

SQR can be substituted by a timer? (because I couldn t use it properly...)

Where in the program should I insert the ' '* Trig'' command to make the trigger?

thank you so much for the help

bye

Leandro

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,741 Views)

hi

you have to send (with GPIB or Visa commands) the string :FETCh? (or TRIG after INIT), and so on. It is rather complex as it depends on the trigger selection (bus, immediate, etc)... Look in the DMM manual, there are many examples in Keithley 2000 manual or in Agilent 34410A.

you can also download the NI drivers, there are always some examples in these.

N

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,730 Views)