LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to create a guide on labview interface to tell user how to use my program?

Solved!
Go to solution

labview.png

Basically this is the image of the project I'm working on and i want to know if I am able to create a guide that pop out telling the user which button does what when I run the program. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jiale

Yes, you can create a help window (use One button dialog as a start) which you can have as a sub vi with text indicator displaying your guide.

A better way of explaining what each Control does and an Indicator displays is by using the Tip strip

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,906 Views)
Solution

I am pretty sure the Tip Strip is what you are looking for.  If you go into the control properties and go to the Documentation tab, you will see an input to Tip Strip.  This should do exactly what you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,864 Views)
Solution

If you wanted more control of the messages appearance you could use String Indicators with Default text written to display what you want, placed near each object on your panel.  Then hide the string indicators.  Use mouse-over events for each item to show/hide the corresponding string indicator "help window"

This will give you more control over text size, font, message box border, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,847 Views)