From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interpolate 1d array

Solved!
Go to solution

Is this is interpolation array works as per Newton-Gregory forward interpolation formula.As i am not getting exact value in programming.kindly look into the attached pic for reference...as per formula i am getting 214.6875...but using programming i am getting 231.5...can anyone help me

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,461 Views)

Hi sanjay,

did you read the help for this funtion?

With x=0.5 you get the mean of the array element 0 and 1: 225 + 0.5 * (238-225) = 231.5…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,441 Views)

Hi Gerd,

as per  that function in LV what they have defined ,the answer is correct but ,in terms of mathematical equation ,i found answer was incorrect.

as per Newton-Gregory forward interpolation formula.......Interpolation function is derived from mathematics ,so when i started working theortically ,answer was not matching.kidly look into the attached pdf for reference

Thanks&Regards

Sanjay k

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,431 Views)

Hi sanjay,

as per  that function in LV what they have defined ,the answer is correct but ,in terms of mathematical equation ,i found answer was incorrect.

In which way should the result be incorrect? Interpolate1DArray uses a simple linear interpolation as is clearly stated in the help!

as per Newton-Gregory forward interpolation formula

What has "Newton-Gregory" to do with Interpolate1DArray?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,428 Views)

HI Gerd,

can u explain me ....about interpolate and threshold array ....in terms of mathematical equation...bit confused how it works

Regards

sanjay k

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,405 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sanjayks066

It is linear interpolation, very basic algebra.

For a given X between x0 and X1, you'll get the value of Y = Y0+ (Y1 -Y0)*(X-X0)/(X1-X0)

Message 6 of 8
(4,402 Views)

thanks Ravens

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,396 Views)

The word "interpolation" is quite generic and does not specify any particular algorithm. There is "interpolate 1D array" that does a linear interpolation, but LabVIEW also has quite a few more advanced 1D and 2D interpolation algorithms in the interpolation palette. Maybe what you are looking for is in there, and if not, you can write your own and wrap it into a subVI. Looks like you have all the required formulas. Good luck! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,370 Views)