LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing Ensenso SDK using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to interface Ensenso SDK using labview. The company provide .Net dll, however, all the available functions are not accessible from labview. They also said that labview is not yet officially support for interfacing the Ensenso SDK. But C, C++  are officially supported. Now my question is, is it possible to write c or c++ code to control the Ensenso SDK and then to access the C or C++ functions using labview? If yes can you help me how could I do that? Thanks very much for your support.

With kind regards, 

Sewyew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author medilvyboy

If you can't get the .NET DLL to work with LabVIEW (e.g. using call library function nodes), then you could create a C/C++ wrapper DLL that allows you to access the functions that you need. I'm not too sure on the specifics, but it's definitely possible.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,604 Views)

Hi Sam_sharp,

thanks very much for your reply. I actually have .net assemblies  (. net framework 2.0). I am able to access most of the function  they provide, using .net refnum (then using invoke node) from labview. I am able to open the camera and to access the serial number of the camera and some information about the frame width and height. But I cant access one function which is called getbinary() which fetches the image matrix. Probably that, the getbinary() method is defined with generic features. And Labview does not  provide a mechanism to instantiate generic classes or to call generic methods. Is it still possible to create  C/C++ wrapper for the .net assemblies (NxLib32CLI2.0.dll)? Or can I create C/C++ code which interface with the Ensenso SDK and the create a wrapper for my C/C++ code? Thanks very much in advance.

With bests

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,589 Views)

Hi medilyboy

Could you share your .net assembly code? Have you create a C/C++ code wrapper for Ensenso SDK? I have the same problem with you.

CLD
CAU
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,397 Views)

Hi,

I didnt create any c/c++ Wrapper. The company made modification for the .Net files and it worked for me. Try may be to get the updated files from their website.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,386 Views)

Hi 

Could you share your code about .net assembly? I find an ActiveX control named uEyeCam, it seems for the regular camera not for ensenso camera. I already install EnsensoSDK 1.2.348, but I can find any .net control to insert in LabVIEW. Do you know the name of the control? 

Thanks!

CLD
CAU
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,360 Views)

I'm very interested in this interface. Please could you send me a link to where you found it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,255 Views)