From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installer is requesting old media

I have a slight twist on a seemingly common issue...  I've found many many posts about additional installers requesting previous media to complete a built but none of them answers my exact situation.

My main question is how do I get my installer to build if it can't find a valid installer for a driver component?

My application was last developed on LV2012.  When attempting to build an installer for it, the installer

asked for Device Drivers - August 2011.  That seems to be the one set of discs we don't have.

It was decided to upgrade to LV 2013 and install the latest and greatest drivers, then build the installer.  We

did, and the installer still asked for the same thing.  I did a mass compile on the project, scoured the project

folders and ensured nothing pointed to any 2011 or 2012 version VIs.  Build again asked for the same thing.

So I invested the 5hrs neccessary to download the NI Device Drivers - August 2011 from ni.com.  After running that installer, the drivers now are on my local drive.  Great!  But now when I run the installer and point to the folder as the location of the media, I get an error stating that the media provided does not have a valid installer.

I looked at the folders and files in the driver location and all that is there is a Product folder.  All my other driver downloads have at least a setup.exe file, many readme.html files, and other SupportFiles, Documents, Install guides, etc..  None of that came down with the August 2011 drivers.  I tryed a few things as far as pointing the installer directly to the product folder to be installed (488, VISA, and Serial), and copying other setup executable in the top level driver folders.  None has worked yet.

So I really have two questions:
First, why is the app installer looking for 2011 drivers if everything is upgraded to 2013 drivers?
Second, how do I get my installer to build if it can't find a valid installer for a August 2011 driver media?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,101 Views)

There is some dependanccy stuck on the 2011 DS1 media with the app builder for 2013  I have not inspected the 2013 SP1 release

Hopefully you can get a DVD from your local NI guy and if you "Keep" the local copy you will only need to bump your head against this once.

(Allways Allways keep old media handy)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,098 Views)

Yes, I know.  It seems this is the ONLY version that is not in our media file.  Probably buried in somebody's desk somewhere...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,091 Views)

Is there any way to clear a cache or something like that to specifically break that dependency?  Even if I need to fix it manually byredirecting it to a 2013 component?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,090 Views)