cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert value into html field

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

I am experimenting with a VI which I have found in the forum. I modified it to test a certain website. The VI works, but not at every run, but randomly... How is that possible? Either there is no error msg...

Could you have a look on the attached example in the zip?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,033 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

hello,

I am experimenting with a VI which I have found in the forum. I modified it to test a certain website. The VI works, but not at every run, but randomly... How is that possible? Either there is no error msg...

Could you have a look on the attached example in the zip?

Thanks!

Is that one VI? If so, why a ZIP file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,028 Views)

🙂

There is a main VI in the zip file, and also there is a subVI. I put them in a zip file, since I can only upload zip files, due to forum bug (with firefox).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,021 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

🙂

There is a main VI in the zip file, and also there is a subVI. I put them in a zip file, since I can only upload zip files, due to forum bug (with firefox).

Any reason why you won't use IE?

Dealing with ZIP files is extra work for me. I much prefer to click and open in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,014 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,011 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

What exactly should we be looking for? I run the code and see the web page just fine. There is no error and I can change the 23 to another number and it updates in the web page.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,000 Views)

Run the code many times with the same number, or with different one. For me, after a couple of executions, the field becomes empty and does not update. I run maybe 10 times and nothing happens, the field stays empty. And then the input is written again properly at the 11th execution. The required execution repeats totally look random, sometimes i need 20 rerun to insert  the number, sometimes 5, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,979 Views)

@Roryriffic wrote:

What exactly should we be looking for? I run the code and see the web page just fine. There is no error and I can change the 23 to another number and it updates in the web page.

You are right. I test the very same VI set right now on another PC (same LabView version), and it works flawless. I cannot reproduce the bug. So this kind of behaviour is not LabView related, but to the PC or browser...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,964 Views)

For what it's worth, I am using LV 2013 sp1...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,940 Views)