cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initilize array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know why I get 2.000 showing up in the array instead of 0.000.  I am trying to initilize the array to 0.

Thanks,
hiNi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,185 Views)

That is what somebody put in as the default value for when editing an array.  They aren't really in the array, they are grayed out after all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,177 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hiNI

In particular, the array itself can have a default value (the two 11.xx values currently), but the element itself can also have a default value, which is 2 in your case.

This is one of the cases why this idea exists and would help, if (re-)implemented. (Yes, it existed many versions ago). So please vote for it!

You have several possibilities to "fix" your VI. For example, you could enter 0 in the third element, select the element (not the value or array!) and right-click...make current value the default. At this point, all greyed elements will magically change to greyed zeroes. Now right-click the new element again and "right-click..data operations...delete element". Voila!

Message 3 of 4
(2,170 Views)
THANK YOU!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,160 Views)