LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impulsive analog output control

Hi, my requirement is as below:

1. continuously analog output sine wave;

2. impulsive analog output (or very short-duration constant output) when the condition of the analog inputs is satisfied;

My problem is:

I can continuously output a sine wave and suddenly switch to a triangle wave for a short period, and then goes back to sine wave. But the minimum period of the triangle wave is always 1 second.

For example, if I set the switching-on time of the triangle wave is between 4 to 4.1 second, the result is always from 4 to 5 second. How can I give a implusive output or give a constant output in 0.1 second?

Many thanks for your help.

Lau

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,502 Views)

Hello Lau

I am the applications engineer who will be looking into your query and helping you to get your program running as you want. As I understand you are acquiring data and then using a trigger to start the output? Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

I have a few ideas but would like to see your code if that is possible, this way I can make suggestions relating to your code and offer you more personal advice.

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,477 Views)

Many thanks, Steve.

Forget the data acquisition of my code. I want use time to trigger the square wave output signal, but I want the period of the square wave signal is very short, e.g. 0.1 second. Please see my attached pictures.

Using the attached code, it always gives me a sqaure wave signal last for one second period. I do not know why. Maybe I am not using a real-time labview system? or are there better way to carry out this task?

Thanks again.

Lau

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,464 Views)

Look at the sampling info input to the waveform generator.  You have nothing wired in, so it uses its default values of 1000 Hz, 1000 samples.  Thus 1 second of data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,455 Views)

Hello Lau

Thank you for your reply, I am looking into your query and am looking at examples which implement what you are looking for.

Would it be possible to have the code in vi form? Just so I can see what configurations you have and to make suggestions based on your code.

Thank you

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,439 Views)

Attached. Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,435 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help. It works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,432 Views)