LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

implementing some code?!

How could i go about implementing a small bit in my Vi whcih will collect data from my DAQ 6008 in 10 waveform cycle bursts, then have say a 10 second interval, then repeat for a desired time?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,320 Views)
bump 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,294 Views)
For the first part, you have control over the sample rate and number of samples to return from the DAQ board. You can use either the DAQ Assistant or the DAQmx Timing function for this. If you are acquiring a 10 Hz sine wave at 1000 s/sec and asked for 1000 samples, you would have 10 complete waveforms. If you were acquiring a 20 Hz sine wave, you would only need 500 samples. You can use the Delay function in your VI for a fixed delay after the acquisition and you can put the acquisition and delay inside a while loop. If you put an Elapsed Time function inside the while loop and wire it's Time Has Elapsed output to the conditional terminal of the while loop, the while loop will run for the time target you set for the Elapsed Time function and then stop. Look at the shipping examples for DAQmx>Analog Measurements>Voltage. Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk is a good one to start with. Add the delay and elapsed time to stop the while loop and you are pretty much done.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,288 Views)
thanks. i will try that
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,282 Views)