LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impedance measurement using HP 4284A LCR meter

I am trying to measure impedance of some semiconductor devices using HP 4284A LCR meter, and when I download the driver, I don't really understand the function of the sub-driver because it is soo many of them and plus I am not too familiar with the code. Anybody can help me writing the code?
Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,292 Views)
Hi Ridwan,

We can help, but do not expect us to write it for you.

I suggest the following;

1) Start looking at the code. As soon as you see something that you do not understand, STOP, and then submit a specific question to this list. If possible, include an eaxample or a screen shot that we can look at.

2) Continue looking and asking until you have solved your problem and/or you have become a master yourself.

The above method will get you where you need to go. It may not be fast, it may not be easy, but it will work.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,292 Views)
Set up the measurement manually for your application and note the steps necessary to perform the measurement - settings for function, trigger source, data form, range etc, and try to find the proper driver VIs to duplicate these steps.

Check out the Getting Started vi included with the driver - it demonstrates a simple example of extracting data from the instrument.

I've attached a simple example of a capacitance sweep
measurement using the HP4284A - maybe this can give you some ideas.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,292 Views)
HI Mike,

I've been trying to open your example but I couldn't, this message appears: resource not found, labview load error code 8, could not load VI resource, what else can I do?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,292 Views)