From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaqdx timeout

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed IMAQdx as an addon for Labview. I managed to make it run but I am getting a timeout error (error 1074360293).  The IMAQdx sign is placed in a while loop.  Images start being produced after about 15 cycles and only last for 3 cycles before producing the timeout error mentioned above. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,088 Views)

Hi

This one is probobly easily fixed if we know what the code looks like. Please post the code or a picture of it.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,027 Views)

These are two attempts of the code. Thank you for your help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,016 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author F.N

I don't have any experience with your acquisition method, but in the attached VI I show you how I do it. Is this helpfull for you are do you need to do it your way?

Kind regards

Ruts

Message 4 of 14
(4,010 Views)

Ok, so you are using express vis. All the settings are hidden inside of the express vi, so its hard to see whats wrong. I duplicated the your code on a "vi level" and it worked for me.

To get forward, you can:

1) Try to remove the daq-task from the while loop and see if it helps.

2) Try diffrent settings for the vision express vi.

3) Use the solution suggested by "RutsT" above (using native IMAQdx vi).

I prefere (3), it will probobly work.

best regards.

Message 5 of 14
(3,997 Views)

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,969 Views)

Thank you. I tried opening it but since I have an older version of labview (2010) I could not open your vi. Would it be possible to get a screenshot?

Also, this is also one of our older attempts but it produces the timeout error. We then deleted the outside loop and the daq assistant, it ran but only produced a black image

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,959 Views)

I saved the vi in LabVIEW2010 for you.

Best regards

Message 8 of 14
(3,941 Views)

Thank you very much DanOlsson and RutsT.  I managed to get it to work but, the camera produces some completely black frames first then the images start being generated. Do you know what could be the cause of this and if there a way to fix it. I attached a screenshot of the code.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,929 Views)

DanOlsson made a litlle change to my VI, I don't use the shift register. Maybe try that, altough with shift register is also works fine for me. DanOlsson is there a reason why you use a shift register? It looks unnessecary to me.

Grtz Ruts

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,919 Views)