LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imaq vision deployment v7.0 licence

Hi,

I have both NI Vision Development Module 7.0 and Deployment Engine 7.0 Licences. I've made an executable file and would like to run that application in several pc's. The machines may not be fixed, and I'd like to be able to work with different machines (probably at different times). What are the licencing concerns?

Also what is the difference between "run time engine" and "deployment engine"? In the deployment cd, a run time engine setup file is already included, and installing it makes the executable file run without a problem (at least for now). So when do I need the deployment engine? The executables are not for re-sale or re-distribution, they are planned to be used in the company. To use the executables only, but in a different pc, do need a licence?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,238 Views)

Hi iozugur,

The IMAQ Vision Deployment Engine 7.0 is a disk containing the Vision Run-time Engine. To run a deployment application, install the runtime engine on the target computer.  A single-seat Vision Deployment License is required for each target machine you install the Run-time on. One license (serial number) is provided with the Vision Deployment Engine, so you can deploy your application to one target computer. To deploy to more targets, you can purchase more Vision Deployment Licenses.

If you go to http://www.ni.com and search with keywords “IMAQ deployment engine”, the first result link is titled:  How Do I Use the IMAQ Vision Deployment Engine?  This has some more information regarding Deployment and Run-time engines for Vision.  At the bottom of that document there is a related link that you might also want to look at titled How Do I License My Deployed Vision Executable?

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Vu

Message Edited by Vudoo on 04-13-2007 09:41 AM

Message Edited by Vudoo on 04-13-2007 09:41 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,210 Views)