Did you mean: 

i want to display strings which are in case structure ,into one text box

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i am writing a vi, which has event structure inside that a

case structure.

i problem is , i have two cases,

1) when the value is true it executes the true case, first it reads the string constant and second is the string indicator which is my out put.

2) in the false case it does pritty much same.

i want to display the inputs and out puts of different cases into the same text box that is one for input and one for output.

Can some one help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,567 Views)

can you post your code?

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,562 Views)

hi sandy,

Can you post your VI so that we will get clear idea about what you want to print?

Gaurav kSmiley Happy

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,560 Views)

i have attached the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,548 Views)

Yes.  Put the indicators outside of the case structures.  Wire across the borders of the case structure.  It creates "tunnels".

This is very basic LabVIEW.  I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

(You might want to put the Input1 control inside the while loop.  As it is now, it is only read at the very beginning of the program.  Any changes to it won't be seen by any other code.)

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 06-03-2009 11:34 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,542 Views)

here is an image of what I have done all the cases are the same but I also added an event for the stop button hope this helps

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,538 Views)
thanks,but it displays both result at a time. but i want to display the instruction first, to the user, so that they act according to the instruction and ,than i want to display the result.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,530 Views)

Did u tried as Ravans suggested.

Put the indicators outside of the case structures.  Wire across the borders of the case structure.  It creates "tunnels".

I am not getting

but it displays both result at a time. but i want to display the instruction first, to the user, so that they act according to the instruction and ,than i want to display the result.

Try this VI.

Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,512 Views)

hi balaji,

thank you for ur reply. but problem is not solved.

i have added one moer event to my vi, where i want to displat all the "instructions " and "results" into two outputs.if i select "add" it should display "instruction and result" and if i select "sub"it should display "instruction and result " into the same place , where i have displayed the "instruction and results of "add".

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,465 Views)