LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i/o not working when build executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to build an executable of a LabVIEW vi which communicates with a plant via a Festo EasyPort data acquisition device. The vi works fine and I have followed the steps in the NI 'Distributing Applications with the LabVIEW Application Builder' to build the executable. The executable itself opens and looks like it is running fine but it is not actually reading the inputs or sending the output signals. There are no error messages. Any ideas where i might have gone wrong? I've tried including all the i/o VIs in the 'Always Included' Source Files specification tab in application builder but it doesn't make any difference. I am using LabVIEW 2009.

I've attached the orginal VI and a zip file containing the project and application files

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,894 Views)

Hi,

can't open your example as I don't have these FESTO-Vis, but you already looked into these VIs? Perhaps, they use something like "Current VIs Path" to load any config files or so? This path differs if you use LabView or the executable...

christian

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,890 Views)

Thanks - good point. I had a look but they don't call any other files. I have attached the Festo vis this time if you want to have a look.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,881 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KiteM

As these VIs use a USB-Communication, perhaps it's something in a DLL file or so that doesn't work because of a different working path? Don't know...you tried to compile the test.vi in the Festo-Lib to look if this sample program will work?

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,875 Views)

Thanks again! I tried that and it worked fine, so I figured the problem was my original project file - I think I forgot to save the project after defining the build specification and before building. Made sure I did that this time and it seemed to work fine. Sorry for the dumb mistake but thanks for helping me work it out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,869 Views)