LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

html report

Hello,

I need to generate a report which includes text regarding the test and two tables with Pass(Green)/Fail(Red) status.  When I tried in html, it appends the front panel table without any problem (including the cell color), but it generates two ‘xx.jpg’ files to load from.  I don’t want to have xx.jpg saved as a separate file and like to have only one file either in html or some other form which includes the data and image in one file.  Is there any other method I could follow?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,022 Views)

html needs to load the image from somewhere, does it not?

Unless you embed the image into the html code (usually at the bottom).  This is not as straightforward as simply loading an image file.

If you want everything in a single file, then you need to google how to embed the image within the html body.

You could create a pdf document which has both the text & image into one.

Same with Excel spreadsheet or Word document.  There are others.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,021 Views)

I was going to recommend using the Word report instead of the HTML.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,012 Views)

Thanks for the info.  I tried in excel and it did work great, except unable to transfer the row color details. 

For example,

Test 1 in row 1 -> FAIL -> Entire row is in RED

Test 2 in row 2 -> PASS -> Entire row is in GREEN

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,009 Views)

What are you transferring to?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,007 Views)

For the test conditions (checkbox and test req), I am using a listbox to display info to the tester.   When the test is completed, the status will be updated in the listbox as below and wanted to save the result in excel.

Test 1 FAIL
Test 2 PASS

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,004 Views)

@K.Vins wrote:

Hello,

I need to generate a report which includes text regarding the test and two tables with Pass(Green)/Fail(Red) status.  When I tried in html, it appends the front panel table without any problem (including the cell color), but it generates two ‘xx.jpg’ files to load from.  I don’t want to have xx.jpg saved as a separate file and like to have only one file either in html or some other form which includes the data and image in one file.  Is there any other method I could follow?

Thanks,

Check this object oriented logging and reporting example.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-24594

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,001 Views)

Thanks.  Now I understand how to get the table with different color for test status and it is working. 

Is there any way in Labview I could generate pdf report?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,958 Views)

@K.Vins wrote:

Thanks.  Now I understand how to get the table with different color for test status and it is working. 

Is there any way in Labview I could generate pdf report?

Thanks.

A few actually.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209030

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10952

Or install a PDF printer, and programatically print to it.  In the past I've used PDFCreator because it has ActiveX calls to control the conversion.

I also believe newer versions of Word/Excel can be saved in PDF using other ActiveX calls.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,949 Views)