LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use polynomial equation for scaling

Hello ,

I am using LabVIEW 2013 version.

I have a sensor to acquire pressure. Pressure sensor gives out 4 to 20mA current output corresponding to pressure . This is a linear conversion.

I am using DAQmx Scale VI (linear) before I configure the channel. So automatically I get the scaled converted output on DAQmx Read VI.

But I have another force sensor. It s conversion equation is y= ax (cube) + bx( sqaure) +cx+d . 

3rd order polynomial equation. y will be force output and x will be current read from sensor and a,b,c,d are co-efficients.

How to do this with Create Scale VI.

I tried  but there is forward , reverse co-efficients. to be used.  I require help on this as to how to implement my  scaling.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,466 Views)

Did you look at the 'help' for the DAQmx Create Scale VI?

Creates a custom scale that uses an nth order polynomial equation. NI-DAQmx requires both a polynomial to convert pre-scaled values to scaled values (forward) and a polynomial to convert scaled values to pre-scaled values (reverse). If you only know one set of coefficients, use the DAQmx Compute Reverse Polynomial Coefficients VI to generate the other set.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,452 Views)

You can also scale it yourself by reading in the current and using basic math operations from the numeric pallete

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,397 Views)