LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer labview activation on another computer

Solved!
Go to solution
We have purchased Labview 8.5 in EC Department. It is running well but since the PC has to be formatted so we need to transfer the activated Labview on another system. How to transfer the activation code to other system?. or how to acquire new activation code based on Serial ID and Computer ID? Vendor is not responding back.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(13,260 Views)

You can activate the product online, if you got internet connection.

Follow the link and key in the fields as shown in the examples attached below, you can find your computer-ID by opening the NI-License manager and just press F7.

http://ni.com/activate

Message Edited by Parny on 03-02-2009 10:13 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(13,258 Views)

Read your licensing agreement carefully.  I believe you are allowed to install and activate LabVIEW on up to three computers - your work computer, your computer in "the plant", and your home computer.  So in your situation, you should be fine to install and activate without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(13,226 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vibha
You should open NI License Manager Program Files>National Instrument>NI License Manager. Then select your Activated labVIEW (Green), right click and deactivate.  This frees up the original Activation.  Now you can format the PC and not lose an activation.
Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
Message 4 of 5
(13,216 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

I have another doubt that is if I am formatting the PC and next time I will install the Labview then The Computer ID on same machine will change or remain as previous? Because the activation code given by the vendor is based on Computer ID and Serial ID. Where from I will get the new activation code.>

Pls reply.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(13,170 Views)