LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to strip a file name and add it to array

Hello I am new to labview, and I need to know how to strip a file name and add it to an array. For example, filename joe.csv, then take "joe" and add it to an array with other inputs. A visual depiction will be very helpful

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,402 Views)
  • What does your code attachment have to do with your question?
  • What are "other inputs"?

I assume you have an array of strings. You can strip the filename using get file extension. You can build an array using build array. Wire the existing array on one input ant the string as a second input.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,397 Views)

I would also ask you the same questions altenbach did, and here's what he was saying. Hope this helps. Cheers

forum01.png

Message 3 of 5
(6,384 Views)

If you are starting with a string, and not a file path, use Search/Split String and search for a period.  This will split the string in two.  Place the file name (minus the extension) into an array using either build array or Insert Into Array.

You also might want to give some consideration to the order of names in the array (maybe sort them?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,379 Views)

Sorry wrong VI. Quick overview, we are working with a amti force plate so when a subject stands on it we get the force, moment, and global position readings. These readings is then saved. So, anytime we save a file with the subjects name we want that name to be added to the array that pertains to the data. Hope that clears it up.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,373 Views)