Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop a while loop of event structure from a main vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello;

sorry for my english

I have to stop a subvi from my main vi, the subvi contains a while loop and an event structure so I need to stop this loop while directly from my main vi I have tried global variable but it did not work

any help please or example !!!   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,877 Views)

A global variable will work if the event completes regularly. If you actually want to fire an event, you need to use a signaling value porperty.

Can you attach the VI instead?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,872 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IYED

How about something like this (see attached solution using a user event).

Explore the Dialog and User Interface --> Events Palette. To display the dynamic event terminals at the event structure just right-click it and select "Show dynamic event terminals".

Download All
Message 3 of 5
(2,845 Views)

@IYED wrote:

Hello;

sorry for my english

I have to stop a subvi from my main vi, the subvi contains a while loop and an event structure so I need to stop this loop while directly from my main vi I have tried global variable but it did not work

any help please or example !!!   

If this is an example of how your code looks, I'd clean it up before the developer who has to work on it next hits you over the head with his LabVIEW Style Book.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(2,798 Views)

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,775 Views)